Mixing Instructions for 16 oz. Bag of Poi:
1. Add 4 ounces or 1/2 cup of water to bag and mix well. Add additional water slowly to poi to reach a thinner desired consistency.
2. Knead the poi to loosen from the bag.
3. Pour into a bowl and stir until smooth.
To prevent poi from crusting, float 1/4 inch of water on the surface. Refrigerate mixed poi to retain freshness or leave at room temperature to age poi to desired tartness.
Mixing Instructions for Frozen Poi:
1. Place frozen bag of poi under running warm water for 1 minute or until poi loosens from the bag.
2. Break poi into chunks, then remove poi from bag and place in a bowl with 1/2 cup water.
3. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave for 4 minutes.
4. Remove from microwave and mash remaining chunks with mixing spoon. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and continue to microwave in 2 minute intervals. Mix well between intervals until poi is smooth (no lumps).
5. Stir in 3 to 4 ice cubes or 1/4 cup cold water until poi cools and desired consistancy is reached.